The Puppylinux Team is proud to release Puppylinux 7.5, aka, Xenialpup 7.5!
Puppylinux is small, runs in ram, is lightning fast, very versatile and good fun! It has everything a novice will need while allowing full control to the experienced user.
It comes in both 32bit & 64bit versions that can boot in both BIOS and UEFI enabled computers. The 32bit version has kernel 4.4.95-noPAE for better compatibility with older hardware while the 64bit has Kernel 4.9.58 for better modern hardware support.
True to puppylinux tradition both versions come with a full range of communications, productivity and entertainment applications as well as a wide range of the unique puppy-specific utilities and applications.
The 330MB ISO includes:
- JWM window manager and ROX file manager.
- Palemoon browser and Claws mail client.
- FTP, Torrent and Chat applications.
- MPV media player, Simple Screen Recorder and Deadbeef audio player.
- Abiword word processor and Gnumeric Spread sheet application.
- Vector and Drawing applications.
- Samba file sharing, CUPS printing and CD/DVD utilities.
- Quickpet, a utility to easily install to the most popular additional applications, OS updates & bugfixes.
- Lots of in house puppy-specific applications such as Pburn, Uextract, Packit, Change_kernels, JWMdesk, YASSM, Pclock, SimpleGTKradio as well as a wide range of many other upto date programs and utilities.
Minimum System Requirements: 1000MHz CPU 768MB RAM
Recommended: 1600MHz 1gb RAM
Puppylinux boots from cd, usb, sdcard or network access. A Hard Drive is not required!
It can be installed frugally on the HD, USB or a writable CD/DVD, but also as a conventional “full install”.
You can download the iso images and checksums as well as development files (devx) from here. Just choose what suits you, 32 or 64. If unsure choose 32. It will run on 32 bit and 64 bit computers.
Xenialpup is built using Woof-CE (woof-CE at GitHub) “The Puppy builder" system, which can build a Puppy Linux distribution from the binary packages of any other distro or home grown packages.
Xenialpup is a true community edition 'CE', with contributions from many within the Puppylinux community.
Philip Broughton & The Puppylinux team.
Edit - Delete
No comments posted yet.